Live streaming (to web and mobile devices) for conferences and major industry events has been an important and fast growing, trend in the events market in recent years. The perceived risk to ticket sales from giving consumers ‘free’ access to keynote speeches and panel discussions has been outweighed by the significant uplift in reach, social conversation and awareness generated for the events.
Moreover, the speakers themselves benefit from taking their message to a much wider, potentially global, audience and this exposure is valuable for both the invited guests and the organisers. Industry events and conferences are a platform for articulating strategies, opinions and product capabilities for large and small businesses alike – the more people that get to hear this message, the more useful (and relevant) the conference becomes.
Increase your audience with live stream
Live streaming enables a much wider audience to join the event, watch the speakers, join the conversation on social networks (the volume of comments grows significantly when the conference is taking place), providing an entirely new experience for events owners, guests and consumers.
Grabyo offers a unique solution for events and conferences that combine the real-time video and live streaming capabilities of each platform:
- Drive reach for your event using social video and real-time clips shared from Grabyo across Twitter, Facebook and your event website
The sectors involved in live stream events
We have provided live streaming support for events and industry conferences in recent months including MipTV (the premier event for the European broadcast, TV production and technology market that takes place in Cannes, France each year); Leaders in Sport, the leading conference for the business of sports and digital sport; ThinkBox – an industry body event for UK TV and Ad Week in London – Europe’s premier advertising conference which was live-streamed from six venues across in the city.
The focus of these events is quite different, but the needs of the events organisers are the same:
- Showcase the quality and depth of the event coverage
- Build awareness and interest in the event as it takes place
- Highlight the best moments from the keynote speeches and panels
- Drive reach and engagement with new audience (on digital and social)
What’s really exciting for us is that these examples highlight that social video is not just about major TV formats, sporting events and breaking news – it is just as relevant for any live event, conference or industry showcase.
Moreover, if you use the Grabyo platform to live-stream your event you can:
- embed the stream into your event website, using the design specs and branding for the event
- stream the event live to any web or mobile device (from multiple venues if required)
- Pass the live stream into Grabyo Studio and share live clips of the event across Twitter, Facebook, web and mobile apps – wrap each live clip with messaging from your event and sponsor partners.
The future of conferences and events is here: anyone can watch, on any device, from anywhere in the world…and if they don’t know your event is happening, the real-time video clips shared across social media when the event is happening should get their attention.