Manager, Business Development (North America)
Grabyo is the video platform built for live, social and mobile.
The cloud-based platform removes the traditional complexities of professional video production and distribution, empowering rights owners to be first to market with content, meet the demands of an always-on digital fan base and generate complementary new revenue streams.
Grabyo launched in 2013 and currently works with over 60 premium rights holders, brands and publishers around the world, including The Premier League, Wimbledon, LaLiga, Real Madrid, BT Sport, Fox Sports, beIn Sports USA and Universal Music Group.
Grabyo is a privately held company with offices in New York and London, UK.
Grabyo is recruiting for a motivated, driven, high-energy Manager of Business Development, with strong contacts and knowledge of broadcast, media and sports markets in North America.
The Manager, Business Development is responsible for driving new business, revenue and providing exceptional customer service to our clients. We are looking for candidates that have solid and demonstrable sales experience and deep knowledge of the digital media space. Sports & entertainment contacts are extremely helpful, but not required.
The Manager of BD will be the primary point of contact for Grabyo’s clients and prospective customers and will be responsible for developing and managing a pipeline of new business for the company. This individual will be responsible for demand generation and sales pitches and will be supported by account management and technical operations.
- Prospecting, research, calling and meeting new clients
- Sales presentations, varying from one-on-one meetings to large groups
- Negotiating & closing deals
- Creating & revising proposals, managing campaigns from concept to completion, provide full post campaign analysis
- Liaising with the Account Management & Operations teams to on-board clients and provide excellent customer service & support – as needed.
- Providing market intelligence, understanding industry and market trends
- Forecasting, budgeting and regular reporting back to managers
- Manage the day to day response to briefs from clients and development partners with key benefits presentations and pricing proposals
- Present to clients and prospects and evangelize the benefits of the platform and services
- Build solid relationships with customers and gather product feedback
- Work to resolve any customer issues and concerns and make recommendations for optimization and prioritisation of future platform development and feature upgrades
Skills / Experience
- Proven track record of sales success with minimum 3-5 years of experience
- Proven experience of selling software / technology platform services to broadcasters, publishers and other rights holders / content owners – especially sports teams & colleges
- Strong leadership and time-management skills
- Driven and hungry, focus on building and managing a sales pipeline for Grabyo – proven ability to close new business
- Integrity, intelligence, and energy
- Self-starter and ability to self-manage towards goals
- Results and revenue focussed – strong attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously as well as being a team player
- Superior communication skills (written and verbal) with exceptional presentation skills
- Committed, proactive, and resourceful. Can be counted on to get the job done on time
- Friendly, personable and can easily develop strong and productive working relationships with customers
- Fast learner, eager to deepen knowledge and understanding of Grabyo’s business operations
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or similar;
- 3-5 years minimum business experience in sales
- Good knowledge of MS Office packages, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong understanding of technology – particularly SaaS and online video.
Email us at email@example.com. Include a URL, LinkedIn profile, portfolio or CV so we can see what you’re all about. Do what you can to stand out. Amaze us.