C++ Software Engineer (video)
London, United Kingdom
Grabyo is the video platform built for live, social and mobile. The cloud-based platform removes the traditional complexities of professional video production and distribution.
Grabyo works with the world’s largest broadcasters and rights holders including: Sky Sports, BT Sport, Eurosport, ITV, Turner, The Premier League, LaLiga, The FA, Buzzfeed, AELTC Wimbledon, GOAL.com and many more. Our platform integrates with the major social platforms – including Facebook, Instagram, Periscope, Twitter, and YouTube. Grabyo is also a preferred global partner for Facebook Live.
Amazon Web Services is the main hosting provider for Grabyo. Every product of the platform is architected and built for scalability and high availability for a global client base. Being a cloud-based platform allows engineers to remain agile and gives them the freedom to try new things without compromising on reliability and speed of development.
We believe in hiring smart graduate and junior engineers nurturing them into our culture is the key to our successful growth. To support this strategy, you'll pair with a mentor on your first day at Grabyo. Your mentor will answer your technical doubts daily and will coach you on your career progression by helping you define your own focus within our platform (video, data, front-end, architecture, streaming…) with regular performance evaluations.
We are dedicated to making sure you are happy and committed during your time with Grabyo. We achieve this by pushing the platform and the team to use the latest technologies and to give you a whole new set of responsibilities (you will be responsible from your products end to end. From design and architecture to releasing and supporting in production). This way you can feel you are engaged and challenged and more importantly, that you can make the difference.
This strategy has allowed the perfect environment to retain our talent and keep our best engineers over time. A good example of this success is some of our more senior engineers like the current Product Owner or the Lead Software Architect. They started on Grabyo as graduate engineers and are now key leaders within the organization.
Being social is a huge part of the Grabyo family. We like to have fun together and we provide a series of activities to help in this area. If you are interested in these activities and some of the benefits we enjoy at Grabyo, please visit this website.
If technology gets you going in the morning, then you are in the right place!
As a Full-Stack Software Engineer at Grabyo; you will have exposure to some of the core features of Studio (Grabyo's flagship product). You could for example work on automated clip creation service based on data analysis, our media transcoding service or our live encoding platform.
To make sure you keep growing your knowledge around tech, we provide you with professional development opportunities like Hackathons, Tech hours, and have a development budget and pair programming days to improve our automated testing culture.
- Iterating, optimizing and monitoring the Grabyo Media Engine that sits at the core of our platform
- R&D projects to ensure our platform keeps innovating on media and streaming to guarantee we keep our industry leaders position
- Collaborating closely with engineers and architects to guarantee that the video platform will support the technical needs of our visionary roadmap
- Taking ownership of your work/project by building, maintaining and iterating new features and new products
- Keep up to date with the latest industry standards and technologies to help the platform to take on the latest video streaming challenges like 4K or 360 video support.
- Demonstrable expertise and experience in C++ programming language
- A real passion for video technologies
- Bonus points for AWS (our chosen cloud provider), encoding or streaming
- Macbook pros with 27 inch screens
- Hackathons twice a year
- Sponsored meetups and conferences
- Tech hour on Wednesday
- Work on a distributed and complex platform!
- Flexible working hours
- Ride to work scheme
- Bi-annual company outings / away days
- 25 days holiday
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply, email email@example.com – include a URL, LinkedIn profile, portfolio or CV so we can see what you’re all about. Do what you can to stand out. Amaze us.