Director of Business Development, US & Canada
New York, NY
Grabyo is the video platform built for live, social and mobile. Our cloud-based platform removes the traditional complexities of professional video production and distribution, and empowers digital teams to own content creation, editing & live production, as well as distribution & monetization across social and OTT channels.
Grabyo launched in 2013 and currently works with over 70 premium broadcasters, sports properties and digital publishers around the world, including FOX Sports, FOX Latin America, Turner Sports, Univision, Showtime, Big Ten Network, beIN Sports, CONCACAF, The Premier League, La Liga, ATP, AELTC Wimbledon, Formula E, Real Madrid, FC Barcelona, Chelsea FC, BT Sport, Sky, The FA, and Billboard Magazine.
Grabyo is a privately held company with offices in New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Singapore and London, UK.
The Director of BD is responsible for driving new business, revenue and providing exceptional customer service to our clients. We are looking for candidates that have solid and demonstrable sales experience (SaaS or similar) and deep knowledge of the digital media space. The candidate should also have strong contacts and knowledge of one or more of the following industries: broadcast/media, sports leagues/teams, entertainment companies – in North and/or South America.
The Director of BD will be the primary point of contact for Grabyo’s clients and prospective customers and will be responsible for developing and managing a pipeline of new business for the company. This individual will be responsible for demand generation and sales pitches and will be supported by account management and technical operations functions.
Along the way, you must develop a deep understanding of the Grabyo platform and work closely with internal teams to meet clients’ expectations and contribute to the continual development of Grabyo. Responsibilities also include:
- Prospecting, researching, calling and meeting new clients
- Sales presentations, varying from one-on-one meetings to large groups
- Negotiating & closing new business deals
- Creating & revising proposals, managing campaigns from concept to completion, provide full post campaign analysis
- Liaising with the Account Management & Operations teams to on-board clients and provide excellent customer service & support.
- Work to resolve any customer issues and concerns and make recommendations for optimization and prioritization of future platform development and feature upgrades.
- Proven track record of sales success with minimum 5-8 years of experience
- Proven experience of selling software / technology platform services to broadcasters, publishers and other content companies
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Driven and hungry, focus on building and managing a sales pipeline for Grabyo – proven ability to close new business
- Integrity, intelligence, and energy
- Self-starter and ability to self-manage towards goals
- Results and revenue focussed – strong attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously as well as being a team player
- Superior communication skills (written and verbal) with exceptional presentation skills
- Committed, proactive, and resourceful. Can be counted on to get the job done on time
- Friendly, personable and can easily develop strong and productive working relationships with customers
- Fast learner, eager to deepen knowledge and understanding of Grabyo’s business operations
Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a URL, LinkedIn profile, portfolio or CV so we can see what you’re all about. Do what you can to stand out. Amaze us.