Last Updated: July 1, 2015
Grabyo is a service provided by Grabyo Limited, whose principal place of business is at 23 Heddon Street, London W1B 4BQ, UK. Company registration number: 8606400.
1. What information may be collected by Grabyo, and how is it collected?
Type of Information We Collect. We collect any information you enter on the Site or give us in any other way such as by signing-up for an Account. You may make changes, corrections, or updates to your Account information by visiting the “Account” section on the Site. We may keep a record of all information that is changed (including deletions) and disclose it for any lawful purpose. We may determine what may be changed (e.g., if we are required to keep track of certain kinds of transactions, you may not change relevant information).
Information in Public Areas of the Site. Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily provide information in public areas of the Site, such as during a Live Event, that information can be viewed and possibly used by others. We therefore advise visitors not to disclose contact information, including phone number, email address, street address or instant messenger address (within these public areas) that they do not wish to share. We are not responsible for PII you choose to submit in these public areas. Also, we may highlight content you post to the public areas of the Site such as reviews or comments, such as by featuring your content on the Site’s home page.
Minors. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 13, do not attempt to register for our Site or send any information about yourself to us. We recommend that prospective users between the ages of 13 and 17 ask their parents or other legal guardians for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet.
Cookies. Like many websites, we use “cookies.” Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser. We use persistent, identifying cookies to remember your information and to link your activities to you. While you can take steps to warn off, block or disable cookies, if you do, the Site may not function and appear as we have designed it. Nonetheless, if you want to take these steps, you can do so by following the instructions associated with your browser. Our cookies do not collect PII that you provide to us during the registration process, but they may collect other information such as the following:
- the domain name and host from which you access the Internet and the Internet address of the site from which you direct-linked to ours;
- the date and time you access the Site and pages you visit;
- our computer’s IP address and information about its operating system, platform and the Web browser type and version you use;
- demographic and other non-personally identifiable profile information about you; and
- information to combat fraud or misuse.
Pixel Tags. In our emails to you, we may use “pixel tags” to determine if your email software or service can display html-formatted email (this helps us optimise the size of our email messages and conserve bandwidth).
2. What Does Grabyo Do With Collected Information?
Use of PII. We may use your PII for purposes such as responding to your requests, monitoring and providing the Site, maintaining your account, enforcing our rights and the rights of third parties, and investigating and ensuring compliance with the Terms.
Opting-Out. Users can unsubscribe from any newsletters or opt out of various promotional e-mailings at any time by sending an e-mail to the same address, or by clicking on “unsubscribe” links in each of our newsletters or emails. We reserve the right to send you customary business communications such as acceptance/rejection notices regarding content submissions, general system and administrative messages regarding the Site, address confirmations, and transactional information about your account, and we may not offer you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving such communications so long as you are registered with the Site.
Use of Other Information. We use non-PII about our users for purposes such as measuring the number of visitors to sections of our Site, making the Site more useful to visitors and delivering targeted advertising and non-advertising content. We use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the Site, track a user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate, non-personally identifiable use.
Retention of Information. We retain information for as long as required, allowed or we believe it useful, but do not undertake retention obligations. We may dispose of information in our discretion without notice, subject to applicable law that specifically requires the handling or retention of information. You must keep your own, separate back-up records.
Generally. Subject to the terms of this Policy, we reserve the right to the following worldwide: use, access (or bar access to), process, disclose, display, share, transfer, store, sell, retain, commingle, investigate, verify, prove, and otherwise deal with, voluntarily or as required by law, (collectively “Disclose”) all PII, non-PII and other information. We may Disclose the foregoing internally to third parties or through any databases for any purpose not prohibited by this Policy or, in our discretion, to help prevent or address perceived harm, damage or loss to us or others or to respond to subpoenas, search warrants, court orders, or other legal process. We reserve the right to send you customary business communications (i.e. acceptance/rejection notices regarding content submissions, general system and administrative messages, etc.) without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
3. Does Grabyo Share Information With Other Parties?
We share information with third parties, but only as described in this Section 3.
- Advertisers and Others. We share non-personally identifiable information with advertisers, service providers, and other persons with whom we conduct business. Similarly, these advertisers, service providers, and other persons may share with us non-PII about you that they have independently gathered or acquired.
- Broadcasters. We contract with individuals and companies who broadcast their video content. We may share your data with them.
- Third Party Services. We contract with affiliated and non-affiliated third parties to provide services to us or to you on our behalf. Examples include providing marketing assistance, providing customer service, sending emails to you, removing repetitive information from customer lists, and analysing data. These third parties may have access to your PII for use solely in connection with these authorised business activities.
- Business Transfer. As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or their assets, or engage in acquisitions, mergers, restructurings, changes of control, or similar transactions. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets, and your PII may be subject to such a transfer. Also, in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy, customer information may be transferred to a bankruptcy trustee or debtor in possession and then to a subsequent purchaser.
- Affiliates. We may share PII, non-PII and other information with our corporate affiliates. Corporate affiliates are those entities that we control, are controlled by us, or are under common control with us and any joint venture in which any of the controlled entities may participate from time to time. Any use of your information by our corporate affiliates is subject to this Policy or another policy no less protective of your privacy. Conversely, we may obtain information about you from our corporate affiliates or from your visits to other websites that we or our corporate affiliates control.
- Compliance and Safety. We may release user information when we believe release is appropriate to:
- comply with applicable law, and to respond to legal process, including subpoenas, search warrants and court orders, and to respond to or otherwise address written complaints of copyright infringement;
- make disclosures under programs intended to prevent potential crimes or investigate persons;
- enforce or apply agreements, including the Terms; or
- protect the rights, property, or safety of our Site, our users, or others, including exchanging information with other companies for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
4. How Secure Is My Information?
Your Obligations. You must protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Please sign off when finished using a shared computer. Your emails to us are not necessarily secure against interception so do not include sensitive information in them. We generally will not ask for passwords in an email and you should assume that if you get such a request, it might be fraudulent. YOU MUST DO WHAT YOU REASONABLY CAN TO ENSURE THE SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
Our Security Measures. We take reasonable precautions to protect the security of our users’ information. We have physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to help safeguard, prevent unauthorised access, maintain data security, and correctly use your information. However, neither people nor security systems are foolproof, including encryption systems. In addition, people can commit intentional crimes, make mistakes or fail to follow policies. Therefore, while we use reasonable efforts to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If applicable law imposes any non-disclaimable duty to protect your PII, you agree that intentional misconduct will be the standards used to measure our compliance with that duty.
5. What About Links to Other Sites?
The Site contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Site and to read the privacy statements of every web site that collects your personally identifiable information. This Policy applies only to information collected by the Site.
We reserve the right to change our Policy at any time. Non-material changes and clarifications will take effect immediately. If we make non-material changes, we will indicate at the top of this page the revised Policy’s new effective date. If we make material changes, we will notify you by email or through notice on the home page of the Site, and will also indicate so at the top of this page. The material changes will take effect 30 days after such notice. We encourage you to refer to this Policy at least every 30 days to check for material changes to this Policy.
7. What If I Have Other Questions Or Concerns About Privacy Or This Policy?
Privacy Concerns. Your use of the Site and any dispute over privacy is subject to the Terms. If you have any concern about privacy at the Site, please send us a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. If you think we are in default of the Terms, you may contact us at Our Legal Notices Address below.
Identity Theft. If you believe that you are a victim of identity theft entitled by law to request information from us, write us at our Legal Notice address below and we will let you know what additional information you must provide to us. After we have received that information, we will supply without charge the information legally required to be disclosed that we then have, subject to applicable law and reserving all of our rights and defenses.
Notice Required by Law. In those jurisdictions that permit email notice, if we are required to disclose or provide notice of invasion of certain security systems, we will do so by email to the most current email address provided by you to us. It is critical that you keep your email contact information correct and updated with us at all times.
Legal Notices. For customer service matters (including questions relating to this Policy), you may contact us. To send us a legal notice, mail it by certified mail (return receipt requested) to: Grabyo, 23 Heddon Street, London W1B 4BQ, UK. When we need to contact you, including when we give a legal notice, we may do so to an email address that we have on file for you or we may post notice on the Site. You must keep your email address information accurate. If we make a material change to this Policy, we will notify you by posting notice to the Site for at least 30 days and sending you an email to the email address that we have on record for you.
You can contact us at:
23 Heddon Street
London W1B 4BQ
8. 3rd Party Services
This website uses web analysis services provided by Go Squared Ltd. (“GoSquared”).
We control how the information collected about you is used. GoSquared will use it on our behalf to evaluate your use of this website and report to us about this website’s operations. GoSquared may provide it to third parties if needs be, for example, in order to comply with the law or to third parties processing that information on behalf of GoSquared. GoSquared may also use the information we provide to look up publicly-available contact and social data related to you, so as to enable us to enhance your experience of this website. For more information on GoSquared’s practices and policies, please see https://www.gosquared.com/legal/
If you wish to restrict or block cookies you can do this through your browser settings – the Help function within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of this website.